Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Before and after

Here are the ingredients:

- One bunch of cilantro
- One lemon
- Two yaw pears
- Two heads of romaine lettuce
- One head of kale
- Two english cucumbers


I juiced everything but the cilantro and kale. Then, I put the juice in the blender and that's where I added the remaining ingredients. I also added roughly two cups of water, as it was pretty sludgy. I ended up with this:


Next time I'd use less lemon, as it sort of overpowers the taste. I only added it to help with digestion (a good idea when dealing with the green, leafy vegetables), but I could probably get away with 25%-20% of what I actually used.

I get asked a lot about how many vegetables I juice in a day. Considering I will likely drink down that jug in the next 24 hours, this should give you a good idea of how much I'm actually consuming. More importantly, it gives you a little bit of insight into how much nutrition is actually going into my body when I do. People ask "why not just eat the vegetables instead?" but I don't think they realize how many vegetables we're talking about (especially considering there's a jug of carrot juice that's probably also going to disappear before tomorrow). And that's the idea: You're consuming a massive amount of fruits and vegetables, and the juice form in which you're consuming it puts that stuff right in your blood stream. Plus, it tastes really great... but, in this case, could probably use a bit less lemon.

The real clincher, however, is that bowl of fruit and vegetables. I can tell you how many ingredients it takes to make a certain amount of juice but, I think, when you see that mouth-watering bowlfull you'll just want to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment