Thursday, January 16, 2014

On limes


In Canada, where I'm from, lemons don't taste that good. I can tell you this because I've been to the Caribbean where the lemons are sweet and you could eat them right off the tree. Not so up here in the Great White North. They're bitter and just plain harsh. I much prefer limes, which are also rather bitter but I like the taste more.

So tonight when I was making a big jar of carrot juice, I added three limes. I would normally add three oranges, but decided to try limes instead. I can tell you with certainty that three is too many. It was the limey-est carrot juice I've ever thought possible. Still tasty, but the only real flavor in it was lime.

That's what this blog is all about: Burning my tongue off with lime juice so you don't have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment