Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Juice & Treadmills

Today I made two jugs of juice.

The first had six cups of beet juice (that's a lot of beets) and four yaw pears.

The other had six cups of carrot juice (that's a lot of carrots) and four apples.

I've already drank half of both. Plus some cucumber juice.

Went to the gym today. There's a slight improvement from when I began: I started with walking 2kph for 2 minutes, 3kph for 2.5, and running 5.5kph for 30 seconds (repeat four times). Now I run a full minute. It's not a huge leap but it's double what I was doing.

Oddly, I'm gaining weight since running. My diet hasn't gotten significantly worse, so it's not just fat. I think it's that I'm building muscle so quickly, and muscle is heavier than fat. To be honest, I'm really not sure but I'm not going to worry about it.

My daughter Ruth came over. She was cautious of the juicer but decided to put in some frozen raspberries... which did not juice at all. She eventually got a full glass of orange juice and melted some raspberries to make coulis.

Anyhow, there was no real drama or thrill to the day except perhaps where I was at the gym with Ruth and snuck a few photos of her while she was working out (she didn't see me doing that). I then looked up and saw several women around me scowling at me because they didn't realize I'm her father.

No comments:

Post a Comment