Tuesday, December 24, 2013

The Indulence

Back when I started this fast, I decided I would allow myself two "indulgence" meals. Meals where I can eat anything I want.

There are two reasons: One, is because I anticipated having moments of weakness (even though I really haven't) and I thought having something to look forward to or, at worst, a "get out of jail free" card might help.

The other reason is because juice fasting is not a religion. You don't go to hell if you venture outside the boundaries. It's the beginning of a life-long change in habit and thinking. At no point did I ever think I'd never drink another milkshake again for the rest of my life. But what I am going for is a life in which I'm not drinking milkshakes daily... and nothing else.

That was a genuine danger (maybe not milkshakes, but other crap like it).

I'm going to a Christmas party. I was just invited. I'm going to eat something that isn't juiced. I shall report back later when my IQ goes on vacation and I have to spend a week in the men's room recovering.

No comments:

Post a Comment